IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 Release Notice
August 20, 2014
9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 is a collectionof low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 9.0.1 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 addresses defects in both the Client, Server, Notes Browser Plug-in and Domino SE OpenSocial component. 9.0.1 FP2 also updates the embedded JVM to 1.6 SR16 to address security vulnerabilitities.
9.0.1 FP2 adds support for the following:
- Citrix XenApp 7.5 for Client
- Internet Explorer 11 for xPages
- RHEL7 for Server
Official support for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite will be announced after it ships in the Fall. 9.0.1 FP2 includes compatibility fixes for support of Mac OS X 10.10,
All Fix Packs arelanguage independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1.
For download options see technote 4037141 – ” Download Options for Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix Packs“. Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
• If you have Notes 9.0.1 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 Basic install.
• If you have Notes 9.0.1 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 Standard install.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to “patch” an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-“Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs.”
Linux Notes client only: If upgrading the embedded version of Sametime to Sametime 9, customers should install 9.0.1, followed by the Sametime 9 Add-on embedded upgrade package, and finally 9.0.1 FP2. If 9.0.1 FP2 is installed before the ST 9 Add-on, Notes on Linux will hang on startup. This issue does not occur on Windows or Mac. See technote 1670512 – Notes clients on Linux will not launch if Sametime 9 add-on installer is applied after Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 is installed
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, please visit the fixes by release view forthe description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 Fix List descriptions:
- RHAN8CUMJE (LO57510) – Added a check to avoid a client crash when working or searching in the calendar.
- AJAN9657JM (LO76981) – Fixes a navigation issue that would highlight a different inbox mail message switching between Notes and another application using ALT-Tab
- TMDS97JVZ9 (LO75247) – Fixes an intermittent “Cannot create window (Insufficient Memory)” error that would appear in a user mail file. (technote 1662284)
- SSZG7H3HBH (LO51653) – Fixes an intermittent issue that prevented dragging big attachments from Notes to the operating system Desktop.
- +KTOT9K3RXW (LO80392) – Fixes failure when upgrading from Notes 9.0.1 to 9.0.1FP1 with the following error message in the Install log: “ReplaceJvmUpdateFiles: ERROR: Failed to rename directory C:\Program Files (x86) \Lotus\Notes\jvm to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lotus\Notes\jvm_old: 32.” This issue would only occur when not installing under the Admin account. This is a regression in 9.0.1 FP1. (technote 1674482)
- JKAE8YQDEW (71932LO) – Fixes issue where a message entry gets created in the trash folder whenever an eml file that was saved from the Notes Client, is closed.
- +TITH9BQDZF (LO77124) – Fixes issue where the “Name” field of the print dialog is blank if the default printer driver has DBCS name. This is a regression in 9.0. (technote 1668977)
- +MJON9GQHLL (LO79283) – Fixes potential performance degradation in LDAP search when there are many nested groups. This was a regression introduced by the fix for SPR# CAHT959LQG (Fixes issue where complex LDAP search filter returns no results). This fix introduces the new ini: LDAP_COMPLEX_FILTER. When this ini is set to 1, the code path for the fix for SPR# CAHT959LQG is enabled and the performance degradation could result. Setting this ini to 0, disables the code path and no performance degradation will be seen. This is a regression in 8.5.3 FP6. (technote 1668995)
- +HOKA8RZ5KL (LO67745) – Fixes issue in Xpages where the correct date (or time) won’t show on date time picker. This is a regression in 8.5.3.
- YGAO95HFP9 (LO74249) – Fixes password reset failure when the required password quality for a user has been changed in the security policy but not yet updated in the ID file. With the fix, the password quality in the ID file is checked and updated if necessary during a password reset.
- MBAS9G8LCP (LO79045) – Fixes Server crash due to TNEF conversion with Error Message: “PANIC: Invalid pool free chain”. (technote 1673919)
- +MNGA9FSRGV (LO78819) – Fixes Server crash on IMAP with the error message: “PANIC: OSVBlockAddr: Bad VBlock handle (0\0)”. (technote 1669690)
- VPRS99UPQQ (LO76346) – Fixes intermittent Domino Server DAOSMgr crash during DAOS catalog resync when the file path exceeds 256 characters.
- DANG8PCJH6 (LO65974) – Fixes issue where an auto-populated group will not include the alphabetically last people in the Domino directory if there are response docs to people documents in the Domino directory. (technote 1592316)
- +RREN9GWKVX (LO79377) – Fixes issue where document locking doesn’t work if the group name is a substring of the name of the person doing the locking. This is a regression in 9.0.
- EPOR9CBJ6G (LO77937) – Fixes issue when using iNotes Ultra-light mode on iOS7 where type-ahead inserts additional characters that will fail to resolve when sending the message.
- +JCHS9ERSZE (LO78486) – Fixes intermittent Domino Server crash on http task due to iNotes stale cookies. This is a regression in 9.0. (technote 1673838)
- PPET9J3H9X (LO79954) – Fixes Internet Explorer crash caused by interaction with dwabho.dll, used for Browser Cache Management.
- +THIO8RWGGP (LO67661) – Fixes an issue replying to mails from iNotes and “Re:” is not appended to the subject. This is a regression in 8.5.3.
- ASHH9EN5GS (LO78446) – Fixes an email problem where an attachment with a non-ASCII file name uploaded by “Save” action gets sent even though it was deleted from the mail. This problem only occurs when using Active X file upload control for Internet Explorer. (technote 1664163)