IBM and HCL Technologies announced a final agreement on December 6, 2018 under which HCL will acquire selected IBM software products for $ 1.8 billion.
The transaction is expected to close in mid-2019, subject to the completion of applicable regulatory assessments.
The software products in question represent a total market value of more than 50 billion dollars and include:
- BigFix for secure device management
- Unica (on-premise) for marketing automation
- Commerce (on-premise) for omni-channel eCommerce
- Portal (on-premise) for digital experience
- Notes & Domino for rapid development of e-mail and low-code applications
- Connections for workstream collaboration
HCL and IBM already have a permanent IP partnership for five of these products.