Fixpack 6 (FP6) voor Domino en Notes 9.0.1 is uit.
Notes/Domino Fix List
IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix pack 6 Release Notice
9.0.1 Fix pack 6 is a collection of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 9.0.1x upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1x.
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix pack 6 addresses defects in the Client, Server, Notes Browser Plug-in and Domino OpenSocial component.
9.0.1 Fix pack 6 includes all of the content and supersedes the following deliverables:
- Notes: 9.0.1 FP5 IF1, IF2, IF3
- Domino: 9.0.1 FP5 IF1, IF2
- JVM Patch: 1.6 SR16FP15
9.0.1 Fix Pack 6 updates the embedded Notes/Domino JVM to 1.6 SR16 FP20 to address security vulnerabilities.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 6 adds support for IBM i 7.3. For more information, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=463&uid=swg21977077
SPR XXLI9RNB7U – Windows Domino Server: JVM version is reverted to 9.0.1 gold’s version when un-installing/downgrading from 9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 to a prior Fix Pack. This will not impact most customers, as downgrading to a prior fix pack is not a common operation. This issue also does not affect future fix pack upgrades. DETAILS: On Windows, the Domino server installer gives you an option to downgrade to either a prior Fix Pack level or to the gold release. If customers want to downgrade to an earlier Fix Pack level, it is recommended that you un-install the Fix Pack, which will leave the server at 9.0.1 Gold, then proceed with the Fix Pack install of your choice. This will ensure the correct JVM level is installed.
For download options see technote 4037141 – “Download Options for Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix Packs”. Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
If you have Notes 9.0.1 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix pack 6 Basic install.
If you have Notes 9.0.1 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix pack 6 Standard install.
If you have Notes Mac Client – IBM Notes Mac 9.0.1 32-bit is superseded by Mac 9.0.1 64-bit. Customers looking for a Notes Mac fixpack 32-bit client are encouraged instead to download and install Notes 9.0.1 Mac 64-bit. Download links can be found in this document: Supportability Q&A about IBM Notes and OS X 10.11.x
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to “patch” an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-“Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs.”
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, visit the fixes by release view for the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
9.0.1 Fix pack 6 Fix List descriptions:
- DSCK9TUNDR (LO87200) – Fixes Notes Windows Client issue: No more handles java/lang/OutOfMemoryError when in High Resolution mode. This is a regression in FP4. (technote 1977626)
- JFCG9J3USJ (LO79962) – Fixes a potential Notes crash on very specific email addresses when a delivery failure notice is resent.
- MBLTA4SEFK (LO79586) – Installing 9.0.1 FP5 Notes Windows Standard Client on top of another 9.0.1 FP/ or 9.0.1 FP4IF2, fails. This is a regression in 9.0.1 FP5. (technote 1972353)
- RHOE9LUCJ7 (LO81184) – Fixes issue where the wait cursor can continually displayed after Notes is started.
- WHAM7ESERK (LO29769) – Fixes issue where temporary attachment files from the system temp directory were not deleted when Notes was closed/restarted. Additionally, an optional new Notes INI variable to delete files from the Notes temporary attachments directory upon Notes close/restart: AttachmentsDirectoryDelete=1 has been provided. This is off by default. (technote 1100416)
- YSAI9HDEFK (LO87259) – Fixes issue that prevented the Notes Client printing to a Xerox printer. (technote 1903022)
- GMAA9BGEGS (LO77014) – Fixes Windows Notes Client installation failure with error: “XPD: 09.09.2013 12:40:26 CActionsCommon/GetProperty: DEBUG – Retrieved property: RCP_INVALID_EXTERNAL_JVM_ERROR, Value: External VM is not valid – it must be a 1.5 or 1.6 Sun or IBM VM.”. This only occurs on machines that have had JVM 1.5 & 1.6 removed from the OS.
- JKEY9ZKJYR (LO86136) – Creating a new calendar entry on Windows 10 Norwegian locale leads to blank start date/end date.
- WBJT9YVM48 (LO85846) – Fixes MIME messages with character encoding CP936 (Simplified Chinese) displaying as garbage on the Notes Client. (technote 1977628)
- HYYH9DF5GR (LO77900) – Fixes situation where emails in trash are not removed even if “Permanently delete documents after X hours” is set. This fix introduced a new Notes.ini CHECK_EXPIRED_SOFT_DELETES_ON_DBOPEN=1. This is off be default.
- PACY9CGLQ3 (LO77454) – If the Client ID files has a newer name and the ID vault has the older name, after a sync, the Client ID file is reverted to use the older name and the user loses access.
- MKIN9WMUYH (LO85291) – This fix allows a user to add a custom response header in the web server by setting notes.ini: HTTPAdditionalRespHeader=; Example: HTTPAdditionalRespHeader=Cache-control: no-cache. (technote 1962324)
- MKIN9WHT2N (LO84986) – Fixed an issue where an uncaught throw in URLstream::WriteChar crashes the web server.
- DADS9Q3JW5 (LO82428) – Fixes Domino Server crash while converting MIME messages on HTTable::GetTableTextSize.
- KHRL9AKSPM (LO76633) – Fixes Domino Server crash when the Dir$ function is used against a drive that is not mapped. This is a regression in 9.0.
- MKINA3SPYN (LO86887) – Fixes an intermittent Domino Server crash in crypto code when VerifyMAC() is passed a bogus length.
- SHJR9HDJC7 (LO79624) – Fixes and intermittent Domino Server crash when decrypting SMIME due to an access violation in memory below SM_WriteToAsnBuf.
- KMOAA6LDVX (LO88282)- Fixes iNotes mail or calendar create failure when using Firefox 44/45. (technote 1978919)
- MLEY9LKEFQ (LO81065) – iNotes ‘More’ menu items are blanked in Internet Explorer with ActiveX attachment. This is a regression introduced in 9.0.1.
- YGAO9VNL8U (LO84666) – Notes Web: Fixed an issue where some right-click menus displayed slowly using IE.